Don’t put that grill away yet; there’s plenty of time left to whip up some tasty grilled meals before the snow starts flying.
One of my favorites to grill is sausage with potatoes and green beans. This is a very simple meal to prepare but delicious to eat. Plus it meets all of my criteria for a great recipe; Easy to fix, Not much clean up, and, most importantly, tastes great.
To start with a meal for 4 you’ll need the following ingredients.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces ( I like Kielbasa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 cup water
After you assemble all your ingredients the rest is as easy as well, 1.2,3.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. I like using charcoal because it adds a little touch of smoke flavoring.
- On a large doubled sheet of foil, place the green beans, red potatoes, onion, and sausage. Add salt and pepper, sprinkle with oil, and top with butter. Tightly seal foil around the ingredients, leaving only a small opening. Pour water into the opening, and seal.
- Place foil packet on the hot grill. Cook 20 to 30 minutes or until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender.
Below is what the potatoes, onions, and sausage should look like. Dump the green beans on top and you’re ready to head for the pre-heated grill and time to cook.
I use two layers of heavy duty foil to cook it in. When it’s ready just transfer it to plates or to a serving dish and throw the foil away. No messy pots and pans to wash, high on my list of cooking preferences.
20 minutes later go out to the grill and carry it inside to serve. I use a large cookie sheet to slide the large pouch of cooked food onto.
Open it up, plate it, and sit down to a quick, easy, and very delicious meal. Below is what the finished product looks like.
In case you need a deck or patio to set your grill on please visit our Portsmouth, NH website, PortsmouthNewHampshireHomes.com and pick out a nice new home for your family and your grill.
Thanks for reading, My partner Ann Cummings and I at RE/MAX Coast to Coast Properties look forward to serving your Portsmouth area real estate needs. Give us a call with any real estate or food questions. Also happy to swap recipes.