So far in February, Portsmouth has fewer new listings and more sales than all of January. That’s great, that means the paces of sales is increasing.
No doubt at the end of February there will be more new listings but that’s what we have right now. Realistically there should also be more sales so that will just continue to put February that much more ahead of January. Looks like buyers are continuing to return to the Portsmouth real estate market.
- New is new listing
- BOM stands for “Back On Market” for whatever reasons, typically a sale that fell through.
- Pend is pending, that means an accepted offer but not yet closed
- Cntg means there is some sort of contingency; typically a potential buyer selling another house.
- Expr means Expired, did not sell and the listing period ran out. Often relisted.
- With is Withdrawn from sale, seller do not want to sell anymore for a variety of reasons.
- Sold obviously means sold, closed, and this house now has a new howner.
- Avg Sold$ is the average sold price in Portsmouth, NH, happy to furnish you this data for any other Seacoast town.
- DOM is Days On Market or time from the listing started until it moved into sale pending.
- and Median Sold$ means the middle of the sold price range; 1/2 the homes sold for more, 1/2 sold for less. Not to be confused with average sales price.
Currently in the Portsmouth 03801 zip code there are 68 active listings compared to 73 on my last market update February 13th. Median list price for these listings is $386,450, up from $369,000 a week ago. Not surprisingly the median days on the market for Portsmouth (time to sell) is up with the list prices, 124 days now versus 117 last week. There is a direct relationship between time to sell and higher price ranges; the higher the price range the longer the days on market.
For a market update on your area or a complimentary, no cost, no obligation market analysis for your home just drop me an email or phone call, happy to supply you with that information. My partner Ann Cummings and I want to be your first choice of Seacoast Realtors for all your real estate needs and questions.
To search for local real estate please visit our website at PortsmouthNewHampshireHomes.com to see all the beautiful homes for sale.